User profile

Hi.
I want to create an uber like app, and I want users, to be able to create the own profiles but I am not sure how to make it possible.

Alsi,is there a sample app I can use?

1 7 1,714
7 REPLIES 7

@Jack_Ruele
Uber like app(s) will need live GPS tracking and routing as well, which is currently not possible with AppSheet I’m afraid.

Hi @LeventK, is it possible to create a user profile that user could have their own page to store all of the user uploaded picture. Also, the user could control whether the picture they uploaded publish to the big table or not.

I am thinking like this:
we have a collection of “users profile”;
have a collection of “images”;
a “user profile” has many “images”;
user can manage their own “images”(add, delete, edit) on their user profile page;
user can control the visibility in the image table on their user profile page/images.

Can you please expand the idea? I’m afraid I couldn’t get your idea clearly. And for what kinda app are we talking about? A secure sign-in app or a public app?

I would like to create an public apps which could store hairstyle images, allows hairstylist to upload and share their artwork. At the same time, hairstylist could only manage their own upload. I think hairstylist might need to have their own account.

You cannot restrict user data in a Public App unfortutanely. As the nature of the app, all app data is public and no any user can manage their own data entry. You need a secure sign-in app for that.

I see~…but what if we build an approval workflow that allow the hairstylist to send us their information/artwork via a form, if we approve the uploaded data, the approved data will store into the public table automatically. Could it work like that? (this method may need two apps to operate. one for public, one for approval workflow)

You won’t be needing 2 apps. You can use that submittal workflow and you can view and approve the submission via email and when approved, it will be displayed in the public app. You can use a slice in the public app where only [Status]=“Approved” will be shown. You can check out my post here regarding how to approve the workflow directly via email.

Another option could be using USERSETTINGS for admin approval for the records.

Top Labels in this Space