User to confirm quantity before deducting in inventory

Zoe
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Hello, I’m making an inventory management app for my company and I’ve hit a block here
I followed the tutorial here: Learn how to build an inventory management app, no coding necessary , but I’d like to add a feature where the user can make sales, it needs to be approved by the admin. The admin can adjust the quantity and confirm before it is actually deducted from the stocks. I’d appreciate any insights on this, thanks!

Solved Solved
0 2 96
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Zoe, welcome to our community !

There are lots of ways to solve that situation, and it depends mostly on your preference and your current app structure, to name a couple:

1. You can add a new column to the table where inventory deductions are loaded, this column, lets call it [approval] will represent the status of the row, and will help separate it from the rest, you can then create a slice that will show only not yet approved rows, so that you might display them in a view for your admin to see, edit, and approve, and once it is approved, it will only show in your OTHER slice that shows approved sales, and all operations for calculating inventory will work only on the approved sales.

2. You can create a DIFFERENT table for introducing sales, and then, once a sale is edited and approved, it is copied to another table using actions, the “another” table being your “official” registry of stock movements.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Zoe, welcome to our community !

There are lots of ways to solve that situation, and it depends mostly on your preference and your current app structure, to name a couple:

1. You can add a new column to the table where inventory deductions are loaded, this column, lets call it [approval] will represent the status of the row, and will help separate it from the rest, you can then create a slice that will show only not yet approved rows, so that you might display them in a view for your admin to see, edit, and approve, and once it is approved, it will only show in your OTHER slice that shows approved sales, and all operations for calculating inventory will work only on the approved sales.

2. You can create a DIFFERENT table for introducing sales, and then, once a sale is edited and approved, it is copied to another table using actions, the “another” table being your “official” registry of stock movements.

Thanks Rafael, those are really helpful suggestions!

Top Labels in this Space