User with privileges

Hi all 👋

I want some icons in the navigation menu to be visible only to users with privileges. To achieve this, I created a field called: "USER WITH PRIVILEGES?". If the field remains blank, the answer is NO and the field will not be visible to an unprivileged user.
I'm not getting the desired result. Where am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your answer.

Benni_0-1699384017944.pngBenni_1-1699384057661.png

Benni_2-1699384139810.png

Benni_3-1699384165183.pngBenni_4-1699384428023.pngBenni_5-1699384484638.png

Benni_6-1699384744677.png

Solved Solved
0 4 162
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your expression ISNOTBLANK(VOLONTARIO[USER WITH PRIVILEGES?]) evaluates to TRUE if only one of the rows in the table VOLONTARIO has a value in this field.

I am not entirely sure how your app is configured but you would probably want to create an ENUMLIST field (ie [privilege list]) in your users table and in any of the show-if parameter set something like

IN(
 "Name of the privilege that grants access to this view", 
 SELECT(
  users[privilege  list], 
  [userID]=USEREMAIL()
 )
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Your expression ISNOTBLANK(VOLONTARIO[USER WITH PRIVILEGES?]) evaluates to TRUE if only one of the rows in the table VOLONTARIO has a value in this field.

I am not entirely sure how your app is configured but you would probably want to create an ENUMLIST field (ie [privilege list]) in your users table and in any of the show-if parameter set something like

IN(
 "Name of the privilege that grants access to this view", 
 SELECT(
  users[privilege  list], 
  [userID]=USEREMAIL()
 )
)

Hi @TeeSee1 

I apologize for the delay in my response. These are tiring days we are going through.

To answer your question, I say that this application should not have a privileged user list. There must be only one user with privileges. Thinking about a future distribution of this app, I imagined an easy solution for those who will use this app or so I hope it is. The user name is chosen in the "VOLONTARIO" table.  I hope I understood your question correctly.

Thank you for your attention.

Hi @TeeSee1 

I put your suggestion into practice without getting what I want. The user assigned the "privilege" does not see the "VOLONTARIO" entry. What am I doing wrong?

Benni_0-1699645611251.png

So the users who have the value "UTENTE CON PRIVILEGE?" in their [privilege list] field do not see "VOLONTARIO" view?

Top Labels in this Space