Users can add, delete and update only their data

Hi guys, my app is a public app created for two types of users, the first type of users can create a user/profile account where they can input, delete or update their data(name, photo, email, etc) while the second type of users is visitors who can get access to view all the data in the app by just clicking on the app. The app looks like an employee directory app where employees can input their data and other users can access it without necessarily creating an employee account. I would love help on how users can create their personal accounts with adds, deletes and updates and how other users can access it.

0 2 203
2 REPLIES 2

@mbilla wrote:

my app is a public app created for two types of users, the first type of users can create a user/profile account where they can input, delete or update their data(name, photo, email, etc) while the second type of users is visitors who can get access to view all the data in the app by just clicking on the app. 

I would love help on how users can create their personal accounts with adds, deletes and updates and how other users can access it

Is this is an app you have already built or is it just a concept and you are asking for advice on how to get started?

I do want to emphasize caution about security.  Public Apps do NOT require authentication to verify who the user actually is and AppSheet does not provide such a login/registration feature.   While you can implement some kind of registration ability with login and password, it is rudimentary, following decades old type security that is easily hacked or spoofed.  Depending on the nature of the data supplied in the app, building a home-grown login capability might be perfectly okay.   

You can't control permissions per user like that with a public app. That's the entire point of using a Secure app.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1128148-limiting-users-to-their-own-data

Top Labels in this Space