Using AppSheet as a full SIS and CMS

Hi.

We are a new, learn-at-home, public charter school for homeschool-centric families in Southern Oregon.  it is a mouthful!  You can learn more at klamathsiskiyoucommunity.school

We are using Google Workspace for Education and would like to create a native SIS (student information system) and CMS (classroom management system) for our school. 

Just starting to get my mind around what AppSheet can do.  So here it goes:  we would like to create an app where families enroll their children (the SIS), upload information such as photos, birthdays, family contact information, etc.  Once they are logged on - they (the parents) use the app to record daily attendance (they are teaching at home), submit work, and learn about where they can find academic opportunities and enrichment activities. 

I see that there ways to do that already.  But it seems a bit over our heads how to do it ourselves.  Where can we find an affordable partner to help us?

Thanks.

David

0 1 192
1 REPLY 1

Hello David and welcome to the community!

It is certainly possible to implement SIS and CMS in AppSheet, yet if you are going to include students and parents in the user base, you'll have to take into account the cost of AppSheet subscription plan which starts at 5$ per user per month. I've seen that you work with multiple schools so you'll also probably need security filters to restrict data access per user to his own work, class and school content, and this would cost you 10$ per user per month in an AppSheet Core Subscription Plan. 

This in my opinion would be the most significant factor in your decision to adopt AppSheet. Otherwise, in terms of functionalities and suitability for your purpose, there should not be a problem. 

Top Labels in this Space