Using Calendar View as filter in interactive dashboard

Hi All

I'm creating a simple booking app for a facility. It's a single facility and booked on daily basis (cannot be booked more than once)

I want to have an interactive dashboard where user selects a date on calendar view, and this causes the list of bookings to be filtered. 

I tried applying the solution suggested by @Koichi_Tsuji in the following post: 

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Map-showing-pins-when-a-date-is-chosen-in-Calen...

It is not working for me...

When putting both Calendar and table in a dashboard and setting it to interactive, selecting a value on the calendar seems to trigger something (a URL  is displayed at bottom left of screen) but no filtering occurs.  

_Excelrati_0-1653501825870.png

So I started doubting that calendar view cannot filter stuff.

To verify this I made a copy of the calendar view and changed it to be table view and added it to dashboard (so I have Calendar view + bookings table + calendar table), selecting a value in the calendar table DOES affect the bookings table.

Due to this, it seems to me that selecting day on a calendar view cannot be relied on for filtering.

Am I missing something? or can someone confirm?

Thanks in advance

0 3 548
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

So here are my thoughts:

• Create a new table with a date column
  • Create a detail view of this table with NewTable[Date] being a Quick Edit column
  • This is the first view in your dashboard
  • Next create a slice of the bookings table that looks at NewTable[Date] and then filters bookings based on this date
  • Create a view of bookings which looks at the bookings slice above

Simon@1minManager.com

Hi @1minManager ,

how can I achieve this filter?

@1minManager wrote:

Next create a slice of the bookings table that looks at NewTable[Date] and then filters bookings based on this date

Top Labels in this Space