Using Google Calendar & Google Sheets for App - Please help!

Hello,

I am still very new to Appsheet and trying to figure out the best way to make this work in the app we created for our field users.

We use a google sheet as our “dayplanner”. (we are a family owned roofing company) As calls come in for an estimate or inspection, they are added to the dayplanner and then our sales team sees this information in the app so they can go do their estimates and inspections.

The spreadsheet columns are as follows:
Type of Request:
Date of Request:
(NEW FIELD) Date & Time Scheduled: (This is where my question comes in)
Name:
Address:
Zip:
Phone:
Email:
Referred By:
Request Notes:
User:
Google Map Photo Link:

The rest of the columns are there for the end user to update in the app while they are out in the field. They are as follows -

Photo Upload:
Inspection Notes:
Job Status:
Next Steps:
Completion Notes:

My question is regarding the new field they just asked me to add. They wanted to be able to set appointment times with some of the clients that want to be there when we send someone out. I created a new column on the google sheet and formatted it for Date and Time. Which is fine, but one thing I’m struggling with is that not all of them schedule a time. Some of them might tell us anytime Monday is fine. Or some might say Thursday at 1 pm. So I’m trying to decide how to best format this because my end users want their jobs to be filtered in date and time order. Right now if there is one that doesn’t have a date & time assigned, it filters to the top of their list. So that’s one issue I’ve run into.

Another note and this is the bigger question. One of my end users (the one that uses the app the most) is wanting this integrated with her google calendar. I did figure out how to add her calendar as another view. What I am stumped on though, is when I’m typing the job up in the google sheet, is there a way to tie that column directly to her google calendar? So that as I’m typing the info, it is auto-creating an entry in google calendar? And if not that, then is there a way in the app that, as she is looking at a particular job, she can do a one-click function to have it add the job to the calendar?

Anything that you guys can think of that would help me streamline this and not have to enter the job in both the spreadsheet AND her calendar, would be SO helpful.

I apologize for all the detailed information but I was hoping if you knew exactly what fields we use, it might trigger an idea from someone. I’m open to anything! TIA

-Shala

0 1 83
  • UX
1 REPLY 1

Hi Shala?  I see this is an old post.  Did you figure out solutions to your questions?

Top Labels in this Space