Using Select () with dropdowns

2X_1_1eaff863f9594c93a84c5b851d8b5acc624e0235.png

The expression in question is exactly what I want to happen; Select values from [Company/Opp] column within the (Top Opps ALL) table when the user email matches the text in the [Rep] columnโ€ฆ however nothing shows in the dropdown.

2X_5_55e965d25f633837fdb3be9ed1e07e68ff06b702.png

Is โ€˜Suggested Valuesโ€™ the correct place to enter this formula?

Iโ€™m really baffled on how to do this - itโ€™s the last step in my app

Solved Solved
0 6 600
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A quick hack of a solution would be to turn on the switch that allows new values in the enum.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @xavier7lemon,

One thing you may wish to try is, if removing quotes in โ€œUSEREMAIL()โ€ in the expression helps.
So please have expression as โ€ฆ =USEREMAIL() instead of โ€ฆ=โ€œUSEREMAIL()โ€

I got the values to show up by using your suggestion above however I am now getting this error:

Any suggestions on how to record the users selections?

Hi @xavier7lemon

It sounds that you have defined the field โ€œOpportunity 1โ€ as Enum type and the value"Project Shield- Presbyterian deal" is not one of those valid Enum values. Is the expression for the field "Opportunity 1"trying to populate that invalid value into the field?

The expression for โ€˜Opportunity 1โ€™ is suggesting starting values of the dropdown list from a column in another table.

What Iโ€™d like to have happen is a user selects one of those values in the dropdown and the selection is recorded on another sheet. This was working until I added the expression to suggest starting values.

A quick hack of a solution would be to turn on the switch that allows new values in the enum.

That worked. I mustโ€™ve accidentally turned that switch off. The other Enums have that switch on and are working fine. Thanks a ton @MultiTech_Visions @Suvrutt_Gurjar !

Looking forward to deploying this app as my companies MVP.

Top Labels in this Space