Using Select () with dropdowns

2X_1_1eaff863f9594c93a84c5b851d8b5acc624e0235.png

The expression in question is exactly what I want to happen; Select values from [Company/Opp] column within the (Top Opps ALL) table when the user email matches the text in the [Rep] column… however nothing shows in the dropdown.

2X_5_55e965d25f633837fdb3be9ed1e07e68ff06b702.png

Is ‘Suggested Values’ the correct place to enter this formula?

I’m really baffled on how to do this - it’s the last step in my app

Solved Solved
0 6 599
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A quick hack of a solution would be to turn on the switch that allows new values in the enum.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @xavier7lemon,

One thing you may wish to try is, if removing quotes in “USEREMAIL()” in the expression helps.
So please have expression as … =USEREMAIL() instead of …=“USEREMAIL()”

I got the values to show up by using your suggestion above however I am now getting this error:

Any suggestions on how to record the users selections?

Hi @xavier7lemon

It sounds that you have defined the field “Opportunity 1” as Enum type and the value"Project Shield- Presbyterian deal" is not one of those valid Enum values. Is the expression for the field "Opportunity 1"trying to populate that invalid value into the field?

The expression for ‘Opportunity 1’ is suggesting starting values of the dropdown list from a column in another table.

What I’d like to have happen is a user selects one of those values in the dropdown and the selection is recorded on another sheet. This was working until I added the expression to suggest starting values.

A quick hack of a solution would be to turn on the switch that allows new values in the enum.

That worked. I must’ve accidentally turned that switch off. The other Enums have that switch on and are working fine. Thanks a ton @MultiTech_Visions @Suvrutt_Gurjar !

Looking forward to deploying this app as my companies MVP.

Top Labels in this Space