Using all values of a particular column in child records for update conditions of a parent record

There are currently two tables, which have a parent-child relationship.
For each parent record, there are multiple child records. The number of child records is variable.
The initial value of the target columns in the child record is "None," but there are "Level1," "Level2 Level3".
What I would like to implement is to update the value of the status column of the parent record to "Complete" only when there are no more "None" values in all the child records.

I tried to use virtual column but I couldn't implement ideal behavior.

Could anyone tell me how to realize this requirement?

Solved Solved
0 2 110
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dbaum Thank you for your quick response!

I've implemented this formula in Virtual column and finally realize my requirement!

Thank you so much๐Ÿ˜Š

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Did you try an expression along the lines of the following for your Status virtual column?

IF(ISBLANK(SELECT(ChildTable[Child Key Column], AND([Child Key Column] = [_THISROW].[Parent Key Column], [Target Column] = "None"))), "Complete", "Incomplete")

Edited to remove ambiguity:

IF(ISBLANK(SELECT(ChildTable[Child Key Column], AND([Child Table Column Containing Reference to Parent Table Key Column] = [_THISROW].[Parent Key Column], [Target Column] = "None"))), "Complete", "Incomplete")

@dbaum Thank you for your quick response!

I've implemented this formula in Virtual column and finally realize my requirement!

Thank you so much๐Ÿ˜Š

Top Labels in this Space