Using an slider to filter the content shown at a map

I am showing geo-referenced information from different years on a map. I want to add an slider so the user can chose a year and filter the map contents only to show that of the chosen year. I have read several posts on these sliders and dashboards, but all explanations are confusing and incomplete. Anyone can explain the complete process to add this โ€œfiltering slidersโ€ to a map?

0 5 416
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Itโ€™s not possible.

If you add a Ref field with a Year column, and you create an interactive Dashboard view, you should have that functionality when you click the year value.
#1 - Add a โ€œYearsโ€ table to your app with a number column โ€œYearโ€
#2 - Select the column type as Ref to your year column in your existing table
#3 - Create a Dashboard view with the Interactive option as ON
#4 - Select both of your views โ€œYearsโ€ and โ€œThe existing map viewโ€ as view entries

@peremayol,

You may wish to also take a look at the following sample app. that is exactly modeled after @Aleksiโ€™s guidance

In your case and as guided by @Aleksi, you have โ€œYearโ€ as the selector in place of โ€œCountryโ€ in the sample app. and โ€œHeritage Sitesโ€ are children records. You may have some such related data for every year in the children records.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/An-example-of-an-interactive-dashboard-using-a-map?appGuidString=ce...

This is not exactly what I wanted to do.
I want to have a free filtering parameter, not linked with any table value. Each item at the map has a minimum year (min-year) and a maximum year (max-year). I want to have an slider where the user can decide a year (filter-year) and only show ate the map items where (filter-year) is between (min-year) and (max-year)

Hi @peremayol,

My request to you will be to share all relevant details so that the community could share the most relevant inputs.

Could you please update what you mean by the following

Could you share some screenshots of sample data as to how filter year, max year and min year look for a row of data and what results you will expect for that data for a particular filter year?

Since in the earlier post you had mentioned the following, I believe the response was on those lines

Top Labels in this Space