Using appsheet as a front end to Airtable database

Hello,

I am planning on using appsheet with an Airtable database, most probably used by the procurement team at my workplace.

I am looking for successful use cases to see what can be done.

I am fairly new to the world of nocode and would appreciate the help and guidance.

Cordially,

Laure

Solved Solved
0 13 182
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

The child table needs to have a Ref column where you select the parent based on the key/label column. That will generate a virtual list column in your parent table that shows all your child's for example when you open the parent record's detail view.

View solution in original post

Yes that's correct, unfortunately.

It works like...

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Column],SearchTable,SearchColumn,ResultColumn)

If you are in TableA and a column contains "Laure" and you want to find that user from the Users table, and then read this user's email address, you will write it like..

LOOKUP[_THISROW].[Name],Users,Name,Email)

13 REPLIES 13

Do you have any thoughts what would you like to know?

AirTable has similar capabilities to AppSheet and there is no native connector between them.  You could use Zapier or unito or a number of other 3rd party tools as a go-between.  But it will get costly & add some complexity. 

You might want to explore Airtable and see if you can use it to accomplish whatever you hope to build.  Or, alternatively, explore the work your other department has done in Airtable and consider replicating that work in AppSheet.  

What do mean by "no native connector between them"?

AleksiAlkio_0-1710971704603.png

Oh wow, I never noticed that before.  I guess I was thinking about credential suppliers.  Good to know.  Thanks!

You're welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for your inputs.
@AleksiAlkio I started to connect Airtable to Appsheet and I do not understand how to set up in the appsheet tables the linked tables column I have in Airtable.

Laure998_0-1711010462101.png

I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Your help would be much appreciated.

The child table needs to have a Ref column where you select the parent based on the key/label column. That will generate a virtual list column in your parent table that shows all your child's for example when you open the parent record's detail view.

Thank you so much @AleksiAlkio for your prompt reply. It helps a lot.

I have another question related to the formula type columns in Airtable.

Can you confirm that Appsheet is not able to extract the formulas in Airtable when the tables are imported ?

Once again thank you.
From what I see, I will have to manually recreate the formulas in the appsheet tables. It is time consuming and prone to errors. 

Yes that's correct, unfortunately.

Thank you.

Last question and I will not bother you anymore.

Do you know, by any chance, how to set up in appsheet a lookup column from Airtable?

I see there is a LOOKUP function in Appsheet but I don't understand how to use it.

It works like...

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Column],SearchTable,SearchColumn,ResultColumn)

If you are in TableA and a column contains "Laure" and you want to find that user from the Users table, and then read this user's email address, you will write it like..

LOOKUP[_THISROW].[Name],Users,Name,Email)

Thank you @AleksiAlkio, it is very clear.

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space