Using export to csv file action button

I am trying to use the export to csv file button. However, when i create it and try to place it “display overlay” or “display prominently” - neither will show the button. It ONLY shows when i use “inline” and i do not want inline.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 4 843
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The export to CSV action will only display in deck, gallery, and table views or their inline displays, not in other view types. There is no way to display an export to CSV in other view types, I believe.

It is a table view. However- what if that table view is in a dashboard? Will that stop it from showing?

Yes, the dashboard prevents overlay actions from displaying on table views. They only show when viewing the main table view (not in a dashboard).

Hopefully this will change with a future update. For now, maybe try using a workflow to email the file instead of downloading. Then you will have more options on how to display the button.

i gotcha. I do need to be able to do this on command (button). As my company wants the user to be able to download an invoice - (or at least invoice info) with a button. I guess this leads to my next question - will there be an action button that can create the pdf, csv, etc… and use a templete (like the workflow and report rules)?

Top Labels in this Space