Using input to update existing data

Hello,
I am very new to this, but I am trying to set up the following behavior.
I am trying to set up a lab inventory tracker, where a user can log into the app and say how much product they made that day, and have the app add that data to the current existing inventory. I see how to have the user update the overall inventory, but I am looking for a way to have it allow the user to only enter what they made that day, and then have the app add the previous inventory listed in in a google sheet with the user’s input. Is this possible?

1 3 161
3 REPLIES 3

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Dominic_Schade

At checking posts, I see you did not get an answer.
It is a common inventory app.

This will be a initial value to set, for a column TimeStamp, with DateTime Type, option editable Untick.
Initial value expression:
NOW()
Like this:

About this:

It’s unclear to me on this point.
What did you do so far, and where are you stuck ? Can you provide more details ?

Hi @Aurelien,
Thank you for getting back to me. What I am trying to do is the following situation.
Let’s say Tom comes in for work, and at the end of the day he has made 25 grams of Chemical A. We already have 50 grams of Chemical A in inventory. I would like a way to have Tom fill out a form where he only needs to put that he made 25 grams of Chemical A, and have the sheet update the active inventory to 75 grams.
I have only been able to find a way to have Tom be able to update the overall inventory to 75 grams.

Hi @Dominic_Schade

Thank you for sharing more context.
So, then you don’t need to update Sheet value. You will probably prefer using a virtual column.
Also, you may want to use a “Log” table for each new inventory made.

Actually, I suggest you have a look to this sample app, which I think fulfills exactly your purpose:
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Update-inventory-and-monitor-levels?appGuidString=722f8a69-cdbe-4e1...

Let us know if that helps you
Cheers !

Top Labels in this Space