Using "App" Column Type

Hello dear AppSheet community,

Does anybody know if a column of type App can be customized to look like a link or a button (for instance)?

I am experimenting with the App column type to direct the user to a specific view, but I am a bit puzzled.

The end result definitely doesnโ€™t look as I anticipated. It shows a text box containing the text #control=<myview> next to a predefined clickable icon. That is very unclear to the user what clicking on the icon may do. The whole field is confusing. I was hoping to be able to show a button with a customizable name, or a link, that would open the given view when clicking on it, but not a cryptic text.

In the end, I feel I may not be using the App column correctly. Do you know of other resources about the correct use of the App column type?

The only info I could find was the documentation on the App Column Type, which doesnโ€™t tell much.
3X_8_8_88d8eb278e0da22027b186158a4c299103d73610.jpeg

3X_1_8_18bbcae9ed40caaeebcc17209a09d4ddb915bd77.jpeg

Thank you all!

0 2 124
2 REPLIES 2

I think if you use column type as โ€œAppโ€ and app formula as LINKTOVIEW() within a column setting, it will show the navigation the cryptic way you have shown.

Instead, please try the below. Please

1. Create a text type VC with app formula of text such as โ€œGo to Data2โ€
  2. Create a LINKTOVIEW(โ€œData2โ€) action in Data1 table. Create it as an inline prominence action and attach it to the VC mentioned in 1 above. The inline action will look like something below in the detail view

You can further make it look like a hyperlink by using format rules as below

As a response to your query on the articles on the topic, one more article on the โ€œAppโ€ type column. I thin the app type column is most suitably used in the app launchers.

Thanks you for your answer @Suvrutt_Gurjar .
It sounds indeed that I was trying to use the wrong concept to navigate between views. The inline action looks a lot more like what I need. I just didnโ€™t think about it.

Thank you so much for your suggestion!

Top Labels in this Space