Using the same object store to display the same image in two different apps

I have two apps that each use the same table, if images are uploaded in one app, I want them to be viewable in the other as well.

I've set up a simple object store using MySQL that works just fine. It has a label column and a blob column.

The problem is that I can't see the images from one app when I'm using the other. I'm assuming because of the way the label column stores the "path" to the file.

If I upload the image in App #1, it puts this in the label column:
appsheet/data/appname#1/Images/ImageName.png

When I try to view that image in App #2, I'm assuming it can't see it because it's looking for a path that would look like:
appsheet/data/appname#2/Images/ImageName.png

I've tried to change the Image/File folder path but all that does is add extra folders to the path, for example:
appsheet/data/appname#2/appsheet/data/appname#1/Images/ImageName.png

Does anyone know how I can move up in the path directory or otherwise change where the app is looking for this image? Please keep in mind this is using an object store, not regular Google Drive or cloud storage.

1 3 107
3 REPLIES 3

Nobody? โ˜น๏ธ

Not an expert here but I did have this issue in the past. I believe it is to do with the Default App Folder in your App Properties. My recollection is these need to be the same for the two different apps. I did this get to work but it was a couple of years ago now.

here is a link I found just now: Might help

Images not showing in one app, but showing in anot... - Google Cloud Community

I'll give that a try! Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space