VALID IF statement in a REF column

Hi, 

I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to filter data that comes from a REF Column using a Valid if Statement in a form? My database on the REF Coloum is very long and looking for a way to Filter It down. I have to criterion that I would like to use to Filter the information down.

[Muscle Group]

[Equipmeint] 

There are also identical columns in the reference table 

[Muscle Group]

[Equipmeint] 

0 7 88
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, you could add two columns in the child table [Muscle Group] and [Equipment]

Then in the reference column's valid_if  you could have an expression something like 

SELECT( Parent Table[Key], AND([Muscle Group]=[_THISROW].[[Muscle Group], [Equipment]=[_THISROW].[Equipment]))

Would the Parent Table be the (entry form) table or the (Exercise) database? if the REF is pulling from an exercise database? 

You will have the reference column in the child table correct? So this arrangement can be in the child table form.

SELECT(Exercises[Exercise ID], AND([Muscle Group]=[_THISROW].[[Muscle Group], [Equipment]=[_THISROW].[Equipment]))

I came up with this but still getting an error. i think there is a missing bracket?

There is a typo in suggested expression. There is an extra bracket in [[Muscle Group]. Please try the below

SELECT(Exercises[Exercise ID], AND([Muscle Group]=[_THISROW].[Muscle Group], [Equipment]=[_THISROW].[Equipment]))

That worked! Thanks ! 

Great. Then you may want to mark it as a solution. Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space