#VALUE! Appsheet shows #VALUE! for cell containing formula results

My Google Sheet has a lot of Formula Results and I get #VALUE! on my APP. How can I get the APP to read and show the Text result?

0 3 361
3 REPLIES 3

When you create an app from a sheet that has formulas, AppSheet tries to extrapolate that formula into one that applies at the column level and is assigned into the property โ€œSpreadsheet Formulaโ€ in the column definition. See image below.

Review the formula captured in the AppSheet column and verify it seems to make sense. Nate, it will have been adjusted to make use of cell identifiers by row/column (e.g. R1C8).

There are times when a formula makes perfect sense in the sheet but not so in a simple tabular form - rows and columns. You may need to adjust the formulas so they work in the AppSheet environment.

Personally, I RARELY use sheet formulas. If your app will be one that is predominantly used as an AppSheet app, I would recommend migrating your sheet formulas into expressions in AppSheet. This will make development and maintenance of the app easier going forward.

Thanks a lot! Is there any automation for migrating my sheet formulas into expressions in AppSheet?

Nope.

Top Labels in this Space