VC to show as column instead of 1 line of text

I know I have done it before but I cant find the code that I did it with. I believe its a start expression but the examples I have seen still give me a line. 

Here it goes, I have a VC that is named [overdue list] in a table named "Sites" that pulls any person from the main table that is "Overdue" and their site is the same as the [_thisrow].[name]

When I include <<[overdue list]>> in an email the results are:

Bennett Smith , Castellano Smith , Cook Smith , Gonzales Smith , Levesque Smith , Lomio Smith

I would like this:

Bennett Smith

Castellano Smith

Cook Smith

Gonzales Smith

Levesque Smith

Lomio Smith

Like I said I think its done with a <<start:>> expression but im not sure the format. I have tried multiple variations but nothing is working, Any ideas? 

Solved Solved
0 7 56
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try..
<<Start:SELECT(Overdue[KeyColumn],[SiteName]=[_THISROW].[Name])>>
<<[ColumnName]>>
<<End>>

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Try..
<<Start:SELECT(Overdue[KeyColumn],[SiteName]=[_THISROW].[Name])>>
<<[ColumnName]>>
<<End>>

so I tried

<<Start:SELECT(main[employee  id], [Site Name]=[_THISROW].[Name])>>
<<[Overdue List]>>
<<End>>

and the results were 

Bennett Smith , Castellano Smith , Cook Smith , Gonzales Smith , Levesque Smith , Lomio Smith

So I have a column now but a column of all names repeated.

Do I need to use a template and put it in a table?

No, it's not needed. You should get rid of the virtual column (as it's a list of names) and then read users inside of the Start: & End.

I tried a template and used a table and I got the same results

Got it! Thank you!

Try this:

Bennett Smith&"

"&Castellano Smith"

"&Cook Smith" 

"&Gonzales Smith"

"&Levesque Smith"

"&Lomio Smith

Remember to hit enter between " and "

Top Labels in this Space