VLookup with an ENUM Not working

I have one table called 'Briefs List' 

However this form is acting as a filter for another view. 

shaneludlow_1-1698165466439.png

It should be that you select the brief title from dropdown and it pulls through the list of zones applicable. I have tried as a virtual column, and proper column, but it's just not working. 

shaneludlow_2-1698165472971.pngshaneludlow_3-1698165475981.pngshaneludlow_4-1698165482457.png

Originally had it setup as a detail view with title being quick edit, but that didn't change anything, so I thought I could to as a form, pull the work area list and in the filter just take the most recent line of change. 

The column it should be pulling info from is 

shaneludlow_0-1698165393293.png

I am thinking because it's a EnumList that it's not working

Switched Work Area in this filter to be EnumList and still doesn't work

Solved Solved
0 4 196
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@shaneludlow wrote:

Column '_THISROW' is used in a SELECT or list dereference expression and should be a List/EnumList of Refs

If you do not use [_THISRROW].[Brief Title] in the LOOKUP expression, the system gets confused. Please read the trouble shoot section carefully.

If you want to retrieve an ENUMLIST, fine. It has nothing to do with what I have pointed out.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Try attaching [_THISROW] to the first argument of LOOKUP [Brief Title].

LOOKUP() Troubleshoot

Column '_THISROW' is used in a SELECT or list dereference expression and should be a List/EnumList of Refs

The Zone(s) list in Briefs List table is an enum so they can pick multiple options, but I want to return whatever has been selected and saved once form submitted

@shaneludlow wrote:

If you do not use [_THISRROW].[Brief Title] in the LOOKUP expression, the system gets confused. Please read the trouble shoot section carefully.

If you want to retrieve an ENUMLIST, fine. It has nothing to do with what I have pointed out.

Ahh I had [_THISROW][Brief Title] without the . 

Works now!

Top Labels in this Space