Valid_If - Desktop Mode Form

Hi,

• I was wondering if anyone else has occasions where custom Valid_If expressions only work on mobile but not at all on Desktop Mode. Date field checks if any other related row dates are in the same month. 

MOBILE WORKING 

Screenshot_20240311_110815_x1Trackmaster.x1Trackmaster.jpg

DESKTOP NOT WORKING 

IMG_20240311_110300_edit_1268879313422002.jpg

Solved Solved
0 5 55
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maybe it didn't like the combination where the table contained special character.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you are using the new desktop mode, are you using the Desktop behavior mode as "Edit in place" or "Open a form"? You can find that option from that table's system generated Edit action.

@AleksiAlkio 

I use "Open a form".

It resolved by changing the IN() statement, not sure why on desktop it didn't like using my slice and prefers the original table... 

I changed from

Report Remarks | Active[ID])

to

Report Remarks[ID])

In the following, then both desktop and mobile works now, maybe you know why desktop didn't like slice. 

OR(COUNT(SELECT(Report Remarks | Active Students[ID],AND([_THISROW].[Student ID] = [Student ID],[_THISROW].[Month] = [Month]))) < 1,IN([_THISROW].[ID], Report Remarks[ID]))

It checks if there are any related report remark rows on the current student ID that have the same month as the current rows selected date month.

The IN() statement i used to exclude the current rows ID so that existing rows can be edited and saved without the valid if blocking the save.. Basically enforces check when adding new rows only... 

Maybe it didn't like the combination where the table contained special character.

@AleksiAlkio Thanks, that's very possible... The Select() statement seems to be okay with it but not the IN() statement. The client has many slices using the pipe symbol in various expressions without issues.

I will make a copy of clients app and test again using a slice without the special character. 

Top Labels in this Space