Valid if and Invalid error value

Hi,

When we put a "valid if" formula in a field, in case of error, it is possible to have a "popup" windows or a more visible warning message ?

Solved Solved
0 10 322
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The definition I have for a VC of Show type

"s1" in [name] shows the Show col

TeeSee1_0-1658902149840.png

"s10" in [name] does not show the Show col

TeeSee1_1-1658902186241.png

Table bom and the sub col.

TeeSee1_2-1658902203546.png

It works for me.

You can first make sure that the Show col is display by putting TRUE in the Show If condition and work your expression gradually.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

You can customize your error message here

TeeSee1_0-1658381017729.png

I saw that but it's "only" a smal message under field, I would like a popup windows or a big message...

You could use a col of type Show and a Format rule to display a message with some emphasis effect.

Use the same/similar expression as in your valid-if to control when the col is displayed.

I tried to add a show column with a show_if expression but... cannot see anything : I put as expression the inverse of valid_if expression for my qrcode....

QRCODE field : valid_if : (double check : exist in table "fichierbilletterie" and not already scan in table "scan")

and(
in([_THIS],fichierbilletterie[QRC]),
not(in([_THIS],scan[QRC]))
)

Column_3 (show) : show_if : 

and(
not (in([_THISROW].[QRC],fichierbilletterie[QRC])),
in([_THISROW].[QRC],scan[QRC])
)

Try

and(
not (in([QRC],fichierbilletterie[QRC])),
in([QRC],scan[QRC])
)

without the [_THISROW]

not working. First part, valid_if working perfectly but not show_if for show field and same for format rules...

The definition I have for a VC of Show type

"s1" in [name] shows the Show col

TeeSee1_0-1658902149840.png

"s10" in [name] does not show the Show col

TeeSee1_1-1658902186241.png

Table bom and the sub col.

TeeSee1_2-1658902203546.png

It works for me.

You can first make sure that the Show col is display by putting TRUE in the Show If condition and work your expression gradually.

Great it's work. Thank. I made as you propose : first with "TRUE" and expression step by step. Finally I made 3 separates show fields with 3 format rules : Control OK, Control 'already scan" adn Control "not in database".

I think there's no such thing that will pop up customized error using Valid if. You can do is use the Invalid value error but it will always display under the field you have selected.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There is no way to do a pop-up error message.

Top Labels in this Space