Validation

Hi, I have a Form in which I need to hide the SAVE button depending on a validif = 0. This Save operation also triggers a loop that loads a record for each selected User in this form (a list). Is it possible that, due to this actions the SAVE button doesn't hide? I've tried to put a validation in the same SAVE button, on the actions and even created a Virtual column that holds zero upon error but nothing seems to be working out. Any kind o help will be a Christmas gift!!!! Thanks

Solved Solved
0 2 221
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is no ability to hide the Save button on a Form nor create a single expression that determines if the Save can be performed or not.  The best we can do is hide the button LABEL.  Maybe that's what you are attempting?  Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with that.

The intended usage of a Form is to implement validation on EACH field/column where appropriate.  When Save is tapped, the validation is checked and any fields that have failed will present an error, specific to that field - not allowing the user to Save until ALL validations pass.

@cuadromoreno wrote:

This Save operation also triggers a loop that loads a record for each selected User in this form (a list). Is it possible that, due to this actions the SAVE button doesn't hide?

No.  Any actions you may have attached to the Form Save behavior are performed AFTER tapping the Save button and would not affect the Save button itself at all.

@cuadromoreno wrote:

I've tried to put a validation in the same SAVE button

I'm curious how you would do this.

It would be more helpful to you if you could describe what you are trying to accomplish in your app.  Then we can help you  achieve something comparable in an AppSheet supported way.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There is no ability to hide the Save button on a Form nor create a single expression that determines if the Save can be performed or not.  The best we can do is hide the button LABEL.  Maybe that's what you are attempting?  Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with that.

The intended usage of a Form is to implement validation on EACH field/column where appropriate.  When Save is tapped, the validation is checked and any fields that have failed will present an error, specific to that field - not allowing the user to Save until ALL validations pass.

@cuadromoreno wrote:

This Save operation also triggers a loop that loads a record for each selected User in this form (a list). Is it possible that, due to this actions the SAVE button doesn't hide?

No.  Any actions you may have attached to the Form Save behavior are performed AFTER tapping the Save button and would not affect the Save button itself at all.

@cuadromoreno wrote:

I've tried to put a validation in the same SAVE button

I'm curious how you would do this.

It would be more helpful to you if you could describe what you are trying to accomplish in your app.  Then we can help you  achieve something comparable in an AppSheet supported way.

Thank you so much!!

Top Labels in this Space