Validif question

Hi, I am new to appsheet and I am a novice in this world.
I need a dependent dropdown menu that works in a form. I use columns type enum and in the validif field I reference another table that have the structure that I need, and everything works fine! The problem is the parent form does not allow new entries…I guess because the form is for entries in a table, and not in the referenced table for the dropdowns…
Well, is there any way to achive this? The form saves a row in it’s own table, and at the same time adds a new one to the table with the structure for the dropdowns, but before it allows the user to add a value that the referenced table do not has yet?

0 7 657
7 REPLIES 7

Please check this article…

Well, thank you for your answer, but I already figured out how to work with dependent dropdown menus
The issue is when doing this appshett does not allow new inputs in the parent form, and that is what I need…a dependent dropdown menu but with a “adds” choice, and not only “search”…

Last night I figured a way to do this with, but is not user friendly…I manage to do the dependent dropdown thing (and it works fine), and the parent form has a nested form inside…and that nested form is the table that provide de dependent thing for the parent form it self…
The problem is new values only appear in the dropdown after saving the parent form, anda users have to edit last entry with the recently updated value…

Can you post screenshots explaining what is happening? It’s difficult to visualize what you want

I uploaded a short video to youtube…

The problem is this… even you would add a value in one of your fields, it would add only one dummy value and it would not have any dependent values for other columns. If you use the Ref field in the fist field, you could add that new record right away. Would it be better than the last field?

Ok, I was doing the reference wrong…I was reference B in A, and it was the other way arround…
Now it works fine, and a new icon is showned!
Thanks!

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space