Value to be taken as max value of a column in another table if previous entry in this table is blank

Hi,

I am trying to customize an entry to a form dependent on whether an entry has been done in the another field from the same table 

"Dispatch ID" shall be auto computed as max(Dispatch Id)+1 value from another table(Cold Chain Box Log) if "Box ID" has been selected from enumlist while filling the form for a new entry but with separate rows for all the different selection of Box ID

0 1 36
1 REPLY 1

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @ssinghal 

@ssinghal wrote:

"Dispatch ID" shall be auto computed as max(Dispatch Id)+1 value from another table(Cold Chain Box Log)

Beware of sequential numbering 🙂  Serial Numbers, If You Must - Google Cloud Community

@ssinghal wrote:

"Dispatch ID" shall be auto computed as max(Dispatch Id)+1 value from another table(Cold Chain Box Log) if "Box ID" has been selected from enumlist while filling the form for a new entry but with separate rows for all the different selection of Box ID

I didn't get your scenario, but I think you have to use an IF() statement in the Initial value expression of this second entry.

You may want to explain further, with screenshots maybe.

For reference:

IF() - AppSheet Help

Define App formulas and Initial values - AppSheet Help

Top Labels in this Space