Vendors editing a column

NCD
Silver 2
Silver 2

Is there a way for my vendors to edit a single column without having an AppSheet account?

I have 100+ vendors and I just need them to fill out a single column…

Solved Solved
0 5 131
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can have many columns in a google form but it will be one row per participant. This is what I know. 

But even if it's possible, it won't be as flexible and controllable like AppSheet. Therefore, if you don't want your vendors to access your main app, you can just create another app for them updating a sheets table that is accessible from your main app. 

View solution in original post

Google Forms does not have an option to format the form as multiple columns, other than the Grid field type. However, if the requirement here is simply to present a single table where only one column is editable, then why not just present a Google Sheet? I often create sheets where only certain parts of the sheet are editable using the Protect Sheets and Ranges feature. AppSheet can then of course read this Sheet as a data source.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If it is only one column you can create a Google Form that fills in a Google Sheet table, and link that table to your app. 

I need them to be able to see all the columns but fill in one column and also be able to see rows as a bulk like in a table view, is that possible with Forms?

You can have many columns in a google form but it will be one row per participant. This is what I know. 

But even if it's possible, it won't be as flexible and controllable like AppSheet. Therefore, if you don't want your vendors to access your main app, you can just create another app for them updating a sheets table that is accessible from your main app. 

Google Forms does not have an option to format the form as multiple columns, other than the Grid field type. However, if the requirement here is simply to present a single table where only one column is editable, then why not just present a Google Sheet? I often create sheets where only certain parts of the sheet are editable using the Protect Sheets and Ranges feature. AppSheet can then of course read this Sheet as a data source.

NCD
Silver 2
Silver 2

@Joseph_Seddik @graham_howe 

Thank you, will try out both ways!!

Top Labels in this Space