Video not displaying on iPhone

Hi!  I have an app with the Video type column.  I've successfully been able to embed a YouTube video as well as a video on the Google Drive using the relative file path.

This works great on both browser and Android versions of Appsheet.  However, on an iPhone, the videos do not display ๐Ÿ˜• .  Neither the YouTube or the video from the Google Drive.  The video from the Google Drive displays gray with a line through the play icon.  The video embedded from YouTube displays nothing in the iPhone version of the app.

I am running the latest version of Appsheet (iOS version 15.2).  

Is there a security setting on the iPhone that would block videos from loading in Appsheet?

Solved Solved
1 22 1,702
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

22 REPLIES 22

@SkrOYC I was thinking that will be my next step, but figured I'd check in with the community first to make sure I'm not missing something simple.  

I've done lots of advanced work with Appsheet, but never actually used the simple embed video feature yet. haha.

iOS has always been a pain

@SkrOYC Yes... this hasn't been my first issue with iOS errors only.  I have to say that Support fixed one of the issues I identified super quick in the past.  

@SkrOYC and anyone else, I just got off of chat with Appsheet support.  They are aware of this issue and working on it.

The root cause is and issue with iOS blocking the videos from playing ๐Ÿ˜ž 

You need to login with Apple account and Google account , etc...for Right device and have you update to 16 on Apple or the Beta series 16 or 17.and update all the apps.

Is it fixed yet ?

Yes...I'm looking for the same solution.   @SkrOYC - did you get a solution

This issue is still not resolved on my end,. This is the only stopping me from using Appsheet further.

Same

The issue still persists. Its mostly something to do with iOS permissions

Hi, any update in this matter? I have an app in which I put a lot of materials in the form of youtube embeded videos, and on iphone they do not play at all ๐Ÿ˜•

I have not gotten any response.  

@ADRN for now I link to the video and it opens... but I can't embed it in the Appsheet video player.

That's what I've had to do too...the embedded videos work on my desktop version but not cellphone...so that tells me it might be something with Apple or Google...

Hello every one:

ยฟHave somebody find the way to make functional the videos from YouTube in a mobile device? I have the same problem and I can't resolve.

It works good in the Appsheet App opened from a browser but never work directly when is opened from a mobile device,

Theyโ€™ve never addressed or responded to this issue for me

Bryan Coley
Chief Creative Officer
Reel Experiences
www.reelexperiences.com

Hello, any updates as for November 2023? 

None on my end

Bryan Coley
Chief Creative Officer
Reel Experiences
www.reelexperiences.com

Has this been resolved yet?

Thanks,

For me, embedded videos still don't open on iOS!
I think I'll open another support ticket

Top Labels in this Space