View FORM according to useremail

Hello Community , 

I will try to be as clear as possible and needing you pro tips and ideas.

Is it possible to change the FORM column order according to the signed in useremail? 

The reason why I need this is that because a particular user of the app uses a handheld device with a laser scanner in the warehouse, and the form has the EAN / BARCODE (Scannable) as a first column and this automatically trigger the camera to open which adds extra clicks to abort and exit the camera interface (even though the camera is blocked for appsheet, it still pop up to allow access and whatnot)

so my approach was either scannable IF (which i think it doesn't exist)

or create two forms of the same table first form with the EAN / BARCODE column on top and a second FORM with the EAN / BARCODE 2nd in order to disable opening the camera automatically for this particular user only, and then using showIF expression, but the difficulty I had is that the original FORM (system generated) doesn't have the SHOWIF option) 

I need your 2 cents on how to approach this. 

Thanks in advance

0 1 64
1 REPLY 1

AFAIK, there's no technique to configure a view's column order based on the current user. In a column's settings, you should be able to set the Show if property based on characteristics like the current user and current view (i.e., using the CONTEXT function). Otherwise, you would need to configure separate forms with distinct column orders tailored to your different user personas.

Top Labels in this Space