View and New buttons control

Hy,

Quick question:
I have a Projects view, and when clicking a project, there is a view with project details and a list of Tasks (“treburi”) and at the bottom of this list of Tasks, there are these two buttons - View and New.

Untitled-1|540x500

Where are these buttons controlled from and how did they get there?
I can’t find them in behavior.

Can I change their name? The new button goes to add a new task, which is great because it autofills the name of the project, but how can I change the order of the questions it asks? I already have a form made for new tasks and I would like to have this form be just like the other one but keep this autofill for the project name.

Thanks,
Sorin!

Solved Solved
0 4 499
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sorin_mihai
These are the buttons for inline view under the detail view of any particular record. You can change their names via UX >> Localize and you can use expressions.

For the Form UX that’s fired with clicking the New button is a system generated form for that table. Provided you create a REF type Form UX for that same table, AppSheet will automatically replace it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@sorin_mihai
These are the buttons for inline view under the detail view of any particular record. You can change their names via UX >> Localize and you can use expressions.

For the Form UX that’s fired with clicking the New button is a system generated form for that table. Provided you create a REF type Form UX for that same table, AppSheet will automatically replace it.

Great, I found the way to change the name from Localize, although, that is more like a translate option as it changes the name for the New button, anywhere it will appear.
Are there expressions to say:
if the current view is called “X” then make the button name “new2”?

But how can I make the View button go away completely? It takes me to view the list of tasks which I am already viewing … Shouldn’t these buttons exist in Behavior tab too?

@sorin_mihai
You can use CONTEXT("View) and CONTEXT(“ViewType”) expression to control them.

Perfect, that solves the naming part.
Thank you

Top Labels in this Space