View filter to exclude entries based on completion status and age

Hi team,

Appsheet newbie here, please pardon the silly questions!

I'm struggling with getting a specific feature of my app to work; Would be awesome if one of the knowledgeable folk here could point me in the right direction!

I'm building a workflow app which will display user requests. Once a user's request is marked as completed, these completed requests should display in the app view (currently a slice of the full Google sheet) for a period of time and then disappear from the view, e.g. after 14 days. Incomplete requests need to be visible until marked complete, and then follow the aforementioned process.

I've looked at including a row filter condition in the Slice view that my users will be interacting with, however I can't seem to figure out the correct expression (or quite possibly this is not the best solution to get this done).

I' m deliberately not looking to notify requestors of completed tasks via an email notification (I'm trying to reduce the amount of email in my environment), and need to have the users check the app to see the status of their requests.

Thanks!

0 1 45
1 REPLY 1

I think your slice expression can be something like 

OR(DATE( [ Completion Timestamp] )>=TODAY()-14 , [Status]="Incomplete")

You could base your view of recently completed user requests( in last 14 days) and incomplete user requests on the above slice.

You could have a ChangeTiemStamp type column for [Completion Timestamp] that tracks the change of [Status] column for the value "Complete"

Please refer the below article for change columns description.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106528?hl=en

Top Labels in this Space