View option not showing up

I recently started "playing" with Appsheet and I'm excited about the potential.  However, right now I've a problem getting the view option to show up either as a menu or primary option when I place a constraint in the "Show if" field on the view.  The constraint is a simple "USEREMAIL() = "[some email]@gmail.com".  The "Test" returns back true/"Y" but the view option still does not show up under either the menu or the primary view.  Is this a bug, or am I not interpreting the usage incorrectly?  The only way to get the view option to show up is to leave "Show if" field blank.

Thanks! 

Solved Solved
0 7 269
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The upper menu and its email there, is not the same than "Preview app as". But as you have logged out & in, you are not able to see the reason anymore, unfortunately.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Please show us which view, its configuration. and how you have implemented the expression.

Make the sure the View is actually set to display as a Primary view or a Menu view - not as a Ref view.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.55.57 AM.png

I assume that "[some email]@gmail.com" is your AppSheet email address?  It should be as simple as you have stated, see example.  Just make sure you have the email address exactly matching with your login email address.

USEREMAIL() = "(PII Removed by Staff)"

Confirm you are looking at the correct view and not some similarly named view. 

Yes, the email is my email address and it is correct.  Here's the view configuration:

conscientia_1-1697127895366.png

Thanks

Here's the constraint:

conscientia_2-1697127969069.png

Check from the editor and its app emulator.. open the menu from the left upper corner and check what email it shows. Is it the same or not?

Yes, it is the same.  However, I decided to log out of Appsheets and sign back in and now the option is showing up.  Thoughts on why that would be the case?  I've not yet "played" around with the "Preview app as" capability so the email has always defaulted to my gmail account.  

The upper menu and its email there, is not the same than "Preview app as". But as you have logged out & in, you are not able to see the reason anymore, unfortunately.

Got it, ok.  I'll close and keep an eye on it and revisit if it pops up again.  Thanks for the input!

Also, real quick the "Test" execution returns True/"Y" when executed....

Top Labels in this Space