Viewing PDF File

I’ve hunted the community board here for the solution but cannot seem to find one that is similar to my need.

I have a data table (Table A) that has multiple columns related to that row, including a File. Users can assign a row from Table A to Table B and the details from the row are copied to Table B. This includes the File.

Users in Table B should be able to view the pdf, however, we cannot successfully view the pdf file in Table B. The File can only be viewed in Table A.

Ideas?

0 5 1,420
5 REPLIES 5

If you look in the sheet of table b, the column that holds the file… What data is in the cell?

Is it something like:
[Object object]
???

It is something like: Google Drive Folder/File Name.pdf

I’ve just attempted to put it in the same Google Drive folder as all of the AppSheet data as well

In the properties for the file column, there’s a field for you to specify the folder path. Maybe you have to have that filled out?

I’ve attempted that unsuccessfully with the URL for the file path to the Google Drive folder.

Don’t use the URL, only use the file path; If you look at the file data in the sheet, you’ll have the file name and then everything before it is the file path… Put that in the file path field for the file column in AppSheet

Top Labels in this Space