Virtual Colmn --> List

Hi all,

I have a virtual colmn to find upsells from a particular client. I cant get the Ref_row to work because my key is and UNIQUEID() and not the colmn costumer (see image) so i use this:

SELECT(Incheck_Ref_Upsells[Type],[_THISROW].[Customer] = [Customer], TRUE)

The problem is that this particular costumer has the upsell SLZA 6 times. I only see SLZA once. And with a ref_row section the UX is far more clearly to see. Now it just doesnโ€™t pop out.

So:
1: Is it possible to get REF_ROW to work?
if not:
2: what is a clever way to count the upsells ( it is possible that a costumer has different type of upsells)
3: Can i Format in form view?

-Remco

0 7 557
7 REPLIES 7

Remco,

You donโ€™t mention which table is [_THISROW]. It would be helpful to know the data structure a little more. Are Upsells meant to be part of a Customer record or some other records - Order for instance.

Have you used the โ€œIsPartOfโ€ switch? This creates a Parent/Child relationship between two data tables and the children are listed in the Parent detail view as a table so you can see the multiple children when viewing the Parent details/form.

Hereโ€™s an example - Products and Used Materials are children under my Work Order record. As I add Products or Materials to an order, they will show in the tables inline when I am reviewing the Work Order details. Is this the kind of view you are looking for?

Hi @WillowMobileSystems,

[_THISROW] = Check-in. Yeah, so when a barcode is scanned it pulls the information from the Barcode table. Then a dropdown with accomodation numbers that are still available come to light and the employer choses one. If there is a upsell like SLZA (sleepingbag) i want the employer to know they have to give a (6) sleepingbag.

New record is made in the Check-in table (key=[AppsheetID] used with UNIQUEID()) So the form view is this table. The costumer number is pulled from the barcode table. This same number is on the upsell table.

I hope this makes it more clearly. But yes, that view is what iโ€™m looking for. An no i didnโ€™t checked โ€œIsPartOfโ€ on. I will look in to this.

-Remco

@Remco_Edelenbos You are seeing only one record because of your TRUE syntax with the SELECT expression. That will filter duplicates away. Even if you remove it, you have a challenge to choose from the dropdown because all Label values are the same. Your list would be like SLZA , SLZA , SLZA , SLZA , SLZA , SLZA. You should probably choose better label column or create a virtual label column with the combination of this SLZA + something else so it would be possible to choose the correct parent record.

@Aleksi i removed the TRUE. That is a little bit better. But the REF_ROW is still going to the Key (ApsheetID) I want to refer to the [Costumer] colmn. I still think it is strange i cant select another colmn beside the key colmn. I cant make the costumer the key colmn because one costumer can have multiple accomodations.

Youโ€™ll need to change the label column of the Incheck_Ref_Upsells to change what displays in the list.

The problem is the KEY colmn. I canโ€™t change this so it keeps seaching the condition: "The value of column โ€˜appsheetIDโ€™ instead of column customer. So now there is no output because the table incheck_Ref_Upsells doesnโ€™t have the appsheetID ofcouse.

Table: Incheck_Ref_Upsells [Customer]
Table: Incheck_Klanten [Customer] instead of AppsheetID.

I also tried the Virtual column with the select funtion to change the display type from text to Ref with , as separator. But this didnt work either. Appsheet changed it back to Text

Try this:

FILTER(
  "Incheck_Ref_Upsells",
  ([Customer] = [_THISROW].[Customer])
)
Top Labels in this Space