Virtual Column Formula convert to Real Column Formula

Hi  All,

I wanted to integrate the appsheet with Data studio ...however my [Status] column is a Virtual column and now i need it to be in the Real column...i have tried the formula below but I guess that only works for VC.

The criteria is slightly the same... i just need  additional status "SHIPPED" ....where all the related child table status should be "Shipped"......but if the child table is still mixed with "Completed" & "CLC Storage" then it should stay as "Completed"

@Suvrutt_Gurjar provided me the below formula which worked like a charm!😁 ... but i need help to convert it for a real column

IFS (
AND(ISNOTBLANK([Related PACKING PROGRESSs][Status]), ISBLANK([Related PACKING PROGRESSs][Status]- LIST("Completed", "CLC Storage", "Shipped"))) ,
"Completed",

AND(ISNOTBLANK([Related PACKING PROGRESSs][Status]), ISNOTBLANK([Related PACKING PROGRESSs][Status]- LIST("Completed", "CLC Storage", "Shipped"))) ,
"In Progress",

ISBLANK([Related PACKING PROGRESSs]),

"Not Started"
)

I hope you could help me again.

Solved Solved
0 3 403
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Then add a physical coln and have its app formula point to the virtual column.

Also, you do know that datastudio can connect directly to appsheet instead of the underlying google sheet, right?  This way, datastudio can see all columns, even virtual ones.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Then add a physical coln and have its app formula point to the virtual column.

Also, you do know that datastudio can connect directly to appsheet instead of the underlying google sheet, right?  This way, datastudio can see all columns, even virtual ones.

Hi @JPAlpano 

Ok, thanks for your advice. I will try that! 😊

@JPAlpano's advice is the best for your scenario. Also, in case it's ever helpful regarding your literal original question, see  Convert a virtual column into a real column--or th... - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space