Virtual column filtering from a Slice showing columns I don't want included

So I've made a slice of the table Creative Options as follows

Encrafted_0-1713007690121.png

I have a different table for Personnel which uses [Creative options] for an EnumList of Ref type. To make the detail view look slightly nicer I've got a virtual column with the following in the app formula:

FILTER(
  "Creative options: options only", (
    IN([Row ID], [Expertise])
  )
)

Now, I'll be the first to admit I don't fully understand many of the expressions in AppSheet but I would have assumed this would return a single column nested table. What I'm getting is this:

Screen Shot 2024-04-13 at 9.36.24 pm.png

Basically it doesn't seem to care if I'm pointing to the slice or the full table. I've read the documentation over and over but all I see are how to narrow the row results, not the columns.

As an addendum: if there's any way to put the same column side-by-side, i.e. wrap the text, I'd love to know it. I've got a vague sense it might be possible using TOP() and COUNT() but like I said I still don't quite understand how a lot of these things work yet.

0 1 57
1 REPLY 1

Welp, I've solved it myself again. Forget expressions, I missed this in the column edit:

Encrafted_0-1713009998503.png

With the correct slice chosen it now looks like this

Encrafted_1-1713010096432.png

Hey, at least I understood FILTER() correctly! And I would still like to know if it's possible to wrap the columns around somehow.

Top Labels in this Space