Wait Step is not working well

HI! I'm introducing myself into Wait Steps, i tried using both options, wait for "A period of time" and "A condition" and none of them worked correctly.

For example I tried first setting a 5min timeout and really took a lot of seconds:

ludapa_0-1703207342639.png

Then i tried with a condition and its just get stucked in "TimeOut" status

ludapa_1-1703207397130.png

My question is, it has anything to do the fact that my app is not deployed? Or this is a general bug?

0 15 431
15 REPLIES 15

It should not have anything to do with the deployment.

Screen Recording 2023-12-23 at 8.24.21โ€ฏPM.gif

@AleksiAlkioI 'm quite frustrated with this issue. I just realized there's a bug.

The only condition is a 5-minute wait, which is 300 seconds, but the automation monitor clearly shows it's not triggering as it should. None of the triggers are happening on time.

This feature seems to be entirely malfunctioning. I'm not even sure who to report this to. And frankly, reporting it to support seems pointless, as they often don't grasp these issues.

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 8.33.19โ€ฏPM.png

The execution timeout is set for an additional 300 seconds, so technically, we're looking at a 300-second wait plus a 300-second execution timeout, totaling 600 seconds. In the worst-case scenario, it shouldn't exceed 900 seconds. However, as highlighted in my previous post, the actual execution time is significantly longer, which is a clear indication of a bug

I made a test with a simple Bot that has been working just fine. I added a 5 minutes delay and it took more than one hour to send the email. Definitely a bug.

Hope they fix it..

I've noticed that bots using a wait-step are failing to return values for quite some time. They don't write to the database, yet they show as completed in the automation monitor. This needs fixing. Also, the audit log doesnโ€™t show any data about the wait step returns, only basic trigger details, which arenโ€™t helpful.

I noticed this and a couple of other things that do not work when the app is not deployed. In fact, it seems that pretty much none of the automations work as they should when the app is not deployed. Have you guys tried deploying your apps? In my case this has resolved 90% of the automation issues that I have found in the past. I guess the automations are the very last part that we are supposed to develop, and that is why it is so dysfunctional until we actually deploy. Tell me if this helps at all! ๐Ÿค”

@teoblanc thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately app have been deployed for many months. Its a bug.

That's not the case here.

Aleksi, would you pin an admin for me??

I have raised this bug. I aso created an app for debugging.

They keep making the same mistake, not reading details properly. This way, real bugs aren't reaching the developers because of these support desk inefficiency.

IMG_8106.png

It's taking hours to trigger. Somehow others trigger it at random times, and I no longer understand how this works.

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 10.14.42โ€ฏPM.png

Hi @AleksiAlkio 

Is this problem continuing?

I have a 5 minute Wait step set up in my test app, but I am experiencing cases where time is elapsing for over an hour.

2024-03-13_05h29_28.png

โ€ƒ

2024-03-13_05h29_11.png

โ€ƒ

I reported this issue with the thread a while ago, hoping that the AppSheet support team would take care of it. It's been quite a few days now, so I really hope they've gotten around to fixing it. I'm eager to test it out and see if the problem has been resolved.

Top Labels in this Space