Wait bot help

I have been trying to implement the following process in an app:

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 2.50.54 PM.png

I have not been able to implement it because when I tried to add the 5 minutes wait step in my bot it doesn't work. I read the documentation (https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11463007?hl=en#zippy=%2Cwait) but I still can't implement it because after waiting 5 minutes the process continues even if the condition is FALSE. 

It seems that I need to add a return step to pause the bot but to be honest, is not clear to me (even after reading) how this work.

Does anyone know how the wait and return values step work together? 

If you have another idea to build this could you share it with me ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks in advance for your help!

Solved Solved
3 7 624
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My understanding is that this might not be suitable for your needs. As shown in the screenshot below, I have something similar that works. Your condition may have to be divided into two parts. 

When a Row is added, the condition is already triggered in your wait step. This is actually checking the condition on the creation of the row and suspending it for five minutes. The subscription status is not checked again after five minutes if it has been subscribed successfully. If the subscription status is successful, the row will wait for 5 minutes or time out even if it is successful within 5 minutes.

Screenshot 2022-08-20 at 11.35.27 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-08-20 at 11.35.34 AM.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Do you have a screenshot of wait step ?

Maybe you're hitting the Wait step's timeout, and need to lengthen it? As @Rifad noted, share a screenshot of the step.

Hi @dbaum @Rifad thanks for answering. Here's the screenshot, please let me know if you guys need something else:

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 4.26.00 PM.png

And here's the wait step:

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 5.16.14 PM.png

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

My understanding is that this might not be suitable for your needs. As shown in the screenshot below, I have something similar that works. Your condition may have to be divided into two parts. 

When a Row is added, the condition is already triggered in your wait step. This is actually checking the condition on the creation of the row and suspending it for five minutes. The subscription status is not checked again after five minutes if it has been subscribed successfully. If the subscription status is successful, the row will wait for 5 minutes or time out even if it is successful within 5 minutes.

Screenshot 2022-08-20 at 11.35.27 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-08-20 at 11.35.34 AM.png

@juanpa wrote:

after waiting 5 minutes the process continues even if the condition is FALSE

That's exactly how you have the step configured. If you want the step to wait longer, you need to increase the timeout duration.

From your question, it sounds like if [Subscription status] doesn't equal "succeeded" within 5 minutes, then you want to "Send notification to try again" and then repeat the Wait step rather than continue forward in the process's flow. AFAIK, it's not possible within a single process to loop back to a Wait step after it times out and you perform the timeout step (nor, for that matter, to loop back to any previous step in the process).

Hi @Rifad, I just did the following and it works. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 3.49.24 PM.png

โ€ƒ

Thanks to both of you @Rifad @dbaum 

Perfect!

Top Labels in this Space