Wanted to remove few view

Hello Team,

I have created an app, for my team to update the status of an order,

As a data I have only 1 Table, from which i have created different slices and using those slices as a view,

the issue is automatically a view (All orders) is generated from the Main table which have all the data , i have even set that view under Menu Option, now I don’t want user to update the status from that particular (All orders) view.

editing or updating should only happen from the primary view grid not from Menu grid

also I am uploading a screen shot of UX, and there i have marked what all view i don’t want and i wanted to remove but somehow i m unable to…

0 8 195
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

When you ‘expand’ your views you don’t have the ‘delete’ option or it doesn’t let you complete deleting it?

Thank you so much @Markus_Malessa

it simply re-push the same view (All order details and All order Form) again even after deleting.

The reason I wanted to delete those view is , because All Order view in Menu i have created just for the visual purpose not for updating purpose

From what I recall, there are ‘system generated’ views that you are unable to delete. In your case, since you have a view for all rows vs the slice in your menu, by default Appsheet would retain the Detail and Form view. What I may recommend is that you go to your ‘Actions’, find the Edit option for your table and in the behavior section ‘Only if this condition is true’ use CONTEXT() to hide the ‘Edit’ button.

Thanks,

This seems helpful…

Apart is there is a way that i can restrict person to edit anything from those Menu views.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

System-generated views cannot be permanently deleted.

They are there because your app needs some way to display data in those specific instances:

• detail to show you the individual record details
  • inline to show you a bunch of records at one time

Noted…!

Apart is there is a way that i can restrict person to edit anything from those Menu views. Read only if i can make that particular view.

You can’t make views read-only; you can only make data read-only. To prevent users from editing data you have to design your app so users never view editable data.

Top Labels in this Space