Wanted to remove few view

Hello Team,

I have created an app, for my team to update the status of an order,

As a data I have only 1 Table, from which i have created different slices and using those slices as a view,

the issue is automatically a view (All orders) is generated from the Main table which have all the data , i have even set that view under Menu Option, now I donโ€™t want user to update the status from that particular (All orders) view.

editing or updating should only happen from the primary view grid not from Menu grid

also I am uploading a screen shot of UX, and there i have marked what all view i donโ€™t want and i wanted to remove but somehow i m unable toโ€ฆ

0 8 197
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

When you โ€˜expandโ€™ your views you donโ€™t have the โ€˜deleteโ€™ option or it doesnโ€™t let you complete deleting it?

Thank you so much @Markus_Malessa

it simply re-push the same view (All order details and All order Form) again even after deleting.

The reason I wanted to delete those view is , because All Order view in Menu i have created just for the visual purpose not for updating purpose

From what I recall, there are โ€˜system generatedโ€™ views that you are unable to delete. In your case, since you have a view for all rows vs the slice in your menu, by default Appsheet would retain the Detail and Form view. What I may recommend is that you go to your โ€˜Actionsโ€™, find the Edit option for your table and in the behavior section โ€˜Only if this condition is trueโ€™ use CONTEXT() to hide the โ€˜Editโ€™ button.

Thanks,

This seems helpfulโ€ฆ

Apart is there is a way that i can restrict person to edit anything from those Menu views.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

System-generated views cannot be permanently deleted.

They are there because your app needs some way to display data in those specific instances:

• detail to show you the individual record details
  • inline to show you a bunch of records at one time

Notedโ€ฆ!

Apart is there is a way that i can restrict person to edit anything from those Menu views. Read only if i can make that particular view.

You canโ€™t make views read-only; you can only make data read-only. To prevent users from editing data you have to design your app so users never view editable data.

Top Labels in this Space