Warnings on Ref from Enums (List & normal)

Hello all,

I am running into an issue that I cannot figure out. I'm testing some of the relationships in preparation to build an app. My goal is to create a column which can retrieve multiple values from a referenced table and put them in to the cell.

Method:

1. Table "Reference" has column "Name", which contains 3 values "alpha" "beta", and "theta".
  2. Column "Reference Index" uses EnumList function with base type Ref.
  3. Data validity for "Reference Index" column set to Valid if = Reference[Name]
  4. From here, the user can pick any combination of alpha, beta, and theta to write to the cell using comma delimiters.

I'm up to #3 without issue, but when looking at the form printed, this is what I see:

athousandicons_0-1669745737169.png

I don't get any errors in Appsheets itself, but when executing I get errors in the app emulator. Worth noting here that I don't think it's an enumlist exclusive problem? On the right, the "New Column" with "ABC engineering" in it is a normal Enum with a Ref base, so... that's also not working.

Ultimately, my goal is to show the user a set of options (ex. alpha, beta, theta), and allow them to pick multiple. Each of these would then have a corresponding value, (ex. alpha = 1, beta = 2, theta = 3), which could then be summed and reported in a different column. So if the user selected Alpha & Beta, both of those would render as highlighted buttons, and then send along "1 + 2" to another cell.

I'm new to appsheets (and have much more of a background in relatively simple google sheets, not coding), so it's quite possible I'm missing something obvious. I also assume there's probably a much more effective/smarter way to do this, so feel free to share if you have any thoughts on the whole "summing" thing, but I do still want to know why those warning signs are there.

Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks much!

0 2 76
2 REPLIES 2

I should note that the "Reference Index" column is of course, in a different table. Not trying to ref the same table ๐Ÿ˜

I haven't got anywhere with this in the past day... anyone have any ideas?

Top Labels in this Space