Webhooks timeout due because they cannot execute concurrently

Hi,

We have an issue with an app that generate orders and invoices. Our client use that APP, in store, to take orders and make invoicing. They got another APP to generate quotes, those quotes can be approved or rejected, once approved, it will generate an order and invoice to the main APP.

The problem is, when, in store, they make and invoice at the same time there is another invoice taken or a quote approved, the process timeout.  Support told us that ApssSheet can't handle that. It is not possible for AppSheet to process subsequently 2 transactions, it will simply timeout and return an error.

Previously, we had set : "Max number of retries on failure"  to "3", we need to change that to 1 because it was always creating 3 orders and 3 invoices because each of the process was timing out.

For us, it is a no sens, I am sure there is a misunderstanding and that AppSheet is able to manage and process transaction 1 by 1.

A few emails have been sent to support but it seems to go nowhere. We use Appsheet since a long time, we built incredible Apps with this amazing platform, and we love it, but I can't imagine this limit. It makes AppSheet only usable for 1 user.

I hope someone can help me!

0 2 163
2 REPLIES 2

@Jonathan1 wrote:

Previously, we had set : "Max number of retries on failure"  to "3", we need to change that to 1 because it was always creating 3 orders and 3 invoices because each of the process was timing out.

This suggests that you are using AppSheet API calls.  Is that correct and if so why?

I had a similar issue when I attempted to create a Bot with multiple steps where one API Call step produced results to be passed into another API Call Step.  I constantly got duplicate rows and timeout messages.  Is this how your Bot is built?

The issue is that data results from Step 1 do not feed into Step 2.  So the new/updated rows never become available to step 2, causing it timeout waiting for those updates.  The way it was explained to me is that each step gets it own copy of the data source, likely at the time the Bot is triggered.  They don't share a common source of data to see any updates from prior steps.

The way I resolved this for myself is to simply put each API Call into its own Bot.  Then trigger that Bot from the add of a new row or the update of an existing row - whichever is needed.

I hope this helps!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are making the API call by adding a new row to trigger a new bot to have more control on monitoring.

Support, told us it was due to an error on their side. I hope the situation will be resolved.

Top Labels in this Space