What Field type for Multi Value fields?

Hello All..

It's been a while.

I have a form that is feeding a Google Sheet (which in turn feeds Appsheet).  The form allows for a "multi select" - can select multiple choices at a time.  See the screen shot below to show how Google Sheet stores these.  I assume that there is a <new line> or <line break> character delimiting the values within Google Sheet.

I want to treat these as atomic values in Appsheet, and want to know how to treat this field in Appsheet.  I had the field set to "text" but it treats the entries as a "single" value.  I feel that I need to change this to either Enum or Enumlist but it's not splitting on the new line.  Basically I want to be able to show counts for the individual symptoms but I need to isolate the individual symptoms to do this.  

Any ideas?

Thanks,

RoryF

RoryF_0-1664205131268.png

Solved Solved
0 2 158
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
COUNT(SPLIT([In What Way Has It Improved?], "
"))

Note that the expression is split across two lines, the first line ends with a double-quote, and the second line begins with a double-quote.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
COUNT(SPLIT([In What Way Has It Improved?], "
"))

Note that the expression is split across two lines, the first line ends with a double-quote, and the second line begins with a double-quote.

Thanks Steve.. I will give that a shot..

The part that was confusing me was that this looks for all the world like it is using a space as a delimiter - the double-quote on the 2nd line must include the (invisible) Newline.  I was expecting a hard character to denote the newline.  I will see if I can get that to work.

RoryF

Top Labels in this Space