What has happened to custom tasks to send emails

I have just tried to log in to change one of my Tasks (called by a BOT) that used a custom template to send an email with an attachment and now it's different. Email type has been changed to Embedded app view aind my usual customisations have disappeared. Many of our users don't use GMail and so Embedded apps are of little value at this stage. Do I have to have the embedded GMail setting or can I have the original as my default. 

Solved Solved
0 11 169
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @GriffAdmin 

You may want to pick the "custom template" option and go under the "advanced" section to reattach your template.

Aurelien_0-1655366546506.pngAurelien_1-1655366569830.pngAurelien_2-1655366589180.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @GriffAdmin 

You may want to pick the "custom template" option and go under the "advanced" section to reattach your template.

Aurelien_0-1655366546506.pngAurelien_1-1655366569830.pngAurelien_2-1655366589180.png

Thanks. I checked that and am relieved to find my old structure is still there. It looks like AppSheet have just decided to default to the GMail option and changed the setting on all my actions. I'm not sure if I need to go back to all my individual tasks and change them all back to Custom Template or if I am safe leaving them at the new setting and trust they will still work.

Actually my problem has increased as have my concerns. 

I just tried to edit one of my email templates and I am getting a 400 error when I try to look at the document. When I test ran the BOT its linked to, it worked and emailed me the results. HOWEVER it was meant to work this morning but I got no results this morning.  I assumed that there was nothing to report but now I know there was so I am worried that I may have missed results for who knows how long. 

Actually, I am now getting confused with Google changes so I need to close this question and open another

Yeah the Google folks are really pushing that dynamic email thing, despite the fact that something like 70% of the people that use this service don't use Gmail - so it's completely pointless on that side.

But they sure are pushing it real hard

Offering this as an option is great, but pushing it by changing all my defaults is just wasting time.

I have no idea if I am supposed to go back and reset my defaults, or if the links to my templates will be lost next time I do a Save and Veriry. My concerns were compounded by the 400 Error I am now  getting.  

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This is a bug. A fix is scheduled to go out today.

Thanks Steve. Phew! I am relieved!

Hi Steve, I just went out to a client tonight and tried to open a document template and encountered the Error 400 again. When will this issue be repaired?

And I just tested it from home, tried to click on View Source in the table list and I get the Error 400. How do I view Source now, without opening from File explorer?

Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space