What is the purpose of the Apps Script part in the My Account/Integrations panel ?

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi Dear Community,

First of all, thank you the AppSheet Team for your great achievement ! 

I noticed that due to recent rollout of the Apps Script integration with Bots, there is a new section available in My Account/Integrations panel:

Aurelien_0-1651071409997.png

However, unlike the other panels, I notice I have the possibility to delete (so far so good) but no possibility to share with my team like it is for auth domains in the example below.

Aurelien_1-1651071543013.png

Since I can't do anything but deleting with these apps script files (not even edit, as expressly said: "modify them directly in your app"):

- will it be possible to share it with the team soon ?

- is it in the roadmap to be able to edit such files directly from there ?

Many thanks in advance for your consideration and answers

Solved Solved
2 2 111
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's right, the only purpose of the Apps Script account page is to delete them. This is if you want to stop giving access to a particular Apps Script project to AppSheet. Otherwise you'd have to individually delete each task that uses a certain script in every app you have, for some users, that can be quite a bit of clicking.

If there is enough interest, we can make it easier to share these projects across teams. But, it's currently possible by sharing a script with another member of your team in Apps Script itself and having them add the script to their apps (screenshot below). Given there is a workaround, it isn't high on our priorities currently. It might make sense to add a link to the project itself to make it easier to do this? I'm open to that.

Here is a screenshot on how to add another editor to the project:

nico_0-1651088132185.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

That's right, the only purpose of the Apps Script account page is to delete them. This is if you want to stop giving access to a particular Apps Script project to AppSheet. Otherwise you'd have to individually delete each task that uses a certain script in every app you have, for some users, that can be quite a bit of clicking.

If there is enough interest, we can make it easier to share these projects across teams. But, it's currently possible by sharing a script with another member of your team in Apps Script itself and having them add the script to their apps (screenshot below). Given there is a workaround, it isn't high on our priorities currently. It might make sense to add a link to the project itself to make it easier to do this? I'm open to that.

Here is a screenshot on how to add another editor to the project:

nico_0-1651088132185.png

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @nico 

Many thanks for your explanation !

I'm aware of the workaround you describe and was rather wondering the purpose of displaying such feature here, in comparison of the feature attached to other data sources and integrations. I understand all of it now.

For my use cases, I won't need to go in this panel: I have few enough files to get right to the ones I would need to edit. It think I will probably even stick with one app=one file 🙂

Maybe other community members will be interested in editing directly from this panel !

Again, thank you for your time and thorough answer

Top Labels in this Space