What will happen with Google Drive?

"Google Drive is changing how some of its content is served and downloaded. If you are embedding Drive files in your apps using a drive.google.com/uc URL, you will need to update those URLs wherever they are stored by May 1st."

Recently, Appsheet has informed me about the above. In my app, I have a menu with images that link to a Google Drive folder. Additionally, my application uses Google Sheets spreadsheets as its database. I don't understand what is happening.

1. Will my application stop working then? Will it no longer display images or load the database?
  2. What can be done before May 1st?

Solved Solved
0 3 262
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The only thing that happens.. it doesn't find those images. You need to use related path and file name instead of URL. If your gSheet is in folder Root > appsheet > data > AppName-1234567, add a subfolder MenuImages and place your images there. Then you can use path like /MenuImages/image.png with your menu images.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The only thing that happens.. it doesn't find those images. You need to use related path and file name instead of URL. If your gSheet is in folder Root > appsheet > data > AppName-1234567, add a subfolder MenuImages and place your images there. Then you can use path like /MenuImages/image.png with your menu images.

Thank you very much for helping me.

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space