When I change the default app folder in "Prop...

Stan

When I change the default app folder in โ€œPropertiesโ€ to another folder in my Google Drive, the workflow pdfโ€™s are still saved in old folder โ€œ/appsheet/data/name_appโ€. Is there a way to change this?

0 20 2,579
20 REPLIES 20

@Stan Though you can choose the folder from the Workflow itself with the option โ€œAttachment Folder Pathโ€.

@Stan

Account 463793 will be included in the rollout once we deploy this afternoon Seattle time.

@Stan @RezaRaoofi @Aleksi_Alkio

Hi Stan,

You uncovered a bug.

When we were archiving the PDF attachment, we were not properly honoring the value specified in the โ€œDefault app folderโ€ property on the Info > Property pane. We attempted to do so, but ended up storing the PDF attachment in the wrong folder.

Aleksi is correct that you can now specify the โ€œAttachment Folder Pathโ€ in the workflow rule. When you do this, the โ€œDefault app folderโ€ property and the โ€œAttachment Folder Pathโ€ should work in concert to specify the PDF archive folder name.

For example, if the โ€œDefault app folderโ€ value is โ€œ/1track/data/MyApp-24403/MyDefnFolder1โ€, and the โ€œAttachment Folder Pathโ€ value is โ€œMyFolderA/MyFolderZโ€, and the Attachment file name is โ€œChangeReport20190210_162808_424.pdfโ€, then the resulting archived PDF file name should be โ€œ/1track/data/MyApp-24403/MyDefnFolder1/MyFolderA/MyFolderZ/ChangeReport20190210_162808_424.pdfโ€

I have just made a change to correct this problem. If testing goes well, the change will be released on Monday afternoon Seattle time.

When I make such a change, I release it to a few customers at a time.

If you wish to be included, please provide your account id and I will include you in the โ€œRolloutโ€.

Hi
Can the change rolled to my account 626953

Stan

Thanks! Itโ€™s nice to see that you act so fast to this kind of bugs! It would be nice if you could include this account 274580.

@Stan

I have added you to the rollout. If testing goes well, the change will be released this afternoon Seattle time.

@Stan

The change has been deployed and you are in the rollout, so the change should be in effect for your account.

Stan

Itโ€™s works great! Thanks! Now I can finally link my workflow documents to a column in a row!

Stan

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh When does the fix roll out to other accounts? Iโ€™m helping someone who could also use it.

@Stan

If you provide the account id, I can add it to the rollout manually.

Stan

This account 463793 and the account related to this email: studiejekerdal@gmail.com

Hi Tim,

The change is in force for all accounts already.

@Phil I think there might be a domino bug based on this change.

I am saving the archived files to a table for display and viewing in the app. However, when in the app, if I select a saved file row, it cannot be viewed unless I pre-pend the Default App Folder text to the File path + name saved in the Table.

The files are properly saved based on the Default App Folder setting. This setting should probably also be used when trying to retrieve/view the files as well??? Am I off on this assumption?

Hi @WillowMobileSystems, can you please tell me how you saved the archived files in a table for viewing in the App.
I tried to do this using Microsoft Flow. When a file arrives in the appsheet folder, add a row to an excel sheet. I can then view this table in the App. But the link that it saves says I do not have access.

I was then trying to copy the file to a sharepoint location when the file arrives in appsheet data and then adding this link to the table but couldnโ€™t get the copy to work.

/drives/b!3HrULYi54UeMzRIl1Eqd7qr5bAgZM6JDkdvGOAykDNvSMOkXUAlCQLwfn84YYZyW/root:/appsheet/data/EquipmentLogs-769246/MyAttachments/Inspection Reports/Inspection Report20200430_065234_686.xlsx

In my case, I actually generated the file within AppSheet. I wanted the ability to view files from within the app AND later re-send the file by email. To do this I needed to be able to write the file name to a table.

The main issue is that when a file is generated within AppSheet, we do not have the capability to retrieve the automatically created filename to then write it to the table.

So, I needed to manually generate a filename, write that to the table and then generate the document using it.

i am not clear in your case where the file is created.

BUT you mention using Microsoft Flow to write the filename to a sheet. I presume this sheet is a table within the app? Be aware that writing the filename in this manner REQUIRES that a Sync be performed by users of the app before they can see the file in the app.

Having said that, I see no reason why you couldnโ€™t update a filename table in that way. I believe, Itโ€™s just a matter of getting the paths correct between your source, the sheet/table and how AppSheet creates the path in the File column.

To help more, I would need to see details on those three things

1. source location path
  2. path+filename written in the sheet/table
  3. File type column definition

I got it to work through MS Flow
AppSheet Workflow generates the file and saves into appdata (on Onedrive)

MSFlow
When file is created in onedrive
Copy file to Sharepoint document library (had to do this as link from onedrive as above wasnโ€™t accessible)
Add link from Sharepoint location to row in Excel

History of all files created by workflow now saved in Excel table viewable as a table in Appsheet.

Awesome! Glad you got it to work!

It may be a bug. Can you please submit a bug report and include:

1. Your account id
  2. The app name
  3. The exact steps to reproduce the problem.

Will Do

Top Labels in this Space