When and when not to display an action

Hello. I am struggling to figure out how I can set an action to show an existing data slice to update that row when a certain column is equal to that of the column in another table, and show another action to add data when this certain edited column is not equal to the existing value of the column in another table?? I need help, please. It worked before, but then itโ€™s not working now.

Solved Solved
0 8 286
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok. I think I got it already. Thanks. Just used โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€ instead of โ€œSR_NOโ€ I donโ€™t think MAX() is working when there is no other number than 1

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Glaiza_Victorino Give us some more info on the specifics RE the table names and relevant column names. Screenshots help alot

Okii. Here you go.

So, this is my setup.

First, I have these two actions

And this what is in them

Letโ€™s start with the first action

Next, the Start Service 2

I hope you guys can tell me what is wrong with this.

What I want to happen is this

Both of the actions have the same format rules, so you wouldnโ€™t know the difference until you open a form.

So, when the value of the ASSIGNEE is the same. After clicking the action, It will give me a form view to edit that existing row below, with the same REPORT ID.

But, if the value of the ASSIGNEE is not equal to the existing value of ASSIGNEE. Upon clicking the action it will open a new form, to add new data, with a different REPORT ID. Which could be 321780-442.

Which bit isnโ€™t working, the LINKTOFORM or LINKTOROW?

The LINKTOROW

Ok, set it up so that each action has a seperate button. Just to check if its the Linktoform formula thats at fault or โ€˜Condition is trueโ€™ formula.

Ok.

So I removed the โ€˜condition is trueโ€™ formula, and put in โ€˜trueโ€™

This is the output

This is the action and form that I want to see when the ASSIGNEE is equal

This is the action and form that I want to see when the ASSIGNEE is not equal

Ok. I think I got it already. Thanks. Just used โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€ instead of โ€œSR_NOโ€ I donโ€™t think MAX() is working when there is no other number than 1

Top Labels in this Space