Where can I localize "No items" message?

This message is shown when there's no data on views.

Capture.JPG

Solved Solved
2 14 918
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hello,

You'll be able to localize this with our next release.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

This is new!!   So new that I don't even see a Release Note on it yet.   This should be included in the Localization list but isn't yet.

Are you seeing this in a deployed app?  ( I don't have an empty screen in a deployed app I can check at the moment)

EDITED:  Actually I was able to re-create this.  And yes, it is in a Deployed App.

You can check by searching a weird string such as "wedsvacxf" on a view 😉

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated.

This "No Items" message just started appearing in my apps this morning. Yes, all in deployed apps.

It also appears in inline tables when there are no associated records:

EliK_0-1654115892123.png

Up until now it was just blank.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hello,

You'll be able to localize this with our next release.

Thanks!

Now I'm just curious, now that I actually scrolled through the localize settings carefully, where do "no results" and "no available entries" ever appear in an app?

EliK_0-1654117052599.png

It would seem that they would serve the same function as the new "No Items" message?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Both of those are part of the filtering system. The first one shows up if you set a filter that returns no results. The second one, I believe, applies only to enums, though I don't have a handy repro app for that.

As to the redundancy, it's not ideal, but I think a "result" corresponds to searching or filtering more so than to a table that might be empty. I can't speak to how we settled on that text, I just volunteered to add it to the localization list.

Now there is an entry available for "No items". Thank you so much ❤️

Capture.PNG

I'm worried about the way this new "features" are being added lately.

It's very unprofessional when there is a non-localized message on our clients' apps

If this is even considered a "feature". I just noticed it the other day and was like hmm what is that I don't like it. Yet when I searched through release notes and announcements there is nothing saying this had happened. Luckily I stumbled across this post.  

I find appsheet just does things now and we have no idea it has happened until somebody brings it up or we just happen to notice it ourselves. 

I'm personally appreciated by this new thing as an improvement, however may be AppSheet team need more detailed check-sheet covering things they need to finish for every new things including announcements/release notes update.

Also, not release noting this update was a definite oversight! The release notes have been update and we will try to make sure we get features such as this included in the release notes in the future!
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Release-Notes/June-2-2022/ba-p/428441

Thanks for reporting! Liz

It is truely appreciated that you have responded to this post. It seems as of late that things happen or updates are made. We voice our opinion, sometimes spending a significant amount of time explaining our opinion and nobody from Google even acknowledges that multiple people have communicated on the update. 

Even though, personally, I do not like the update it is easy enough to get rid of by " " in localize. Options are always appreciated. 

Ultimately, thank you for commenting 😁

I couldn't agree more. It seems weird that the appsheet team adds these type of small meaningless changes that no one asked for, while ignoring so many great ideas that users have had in the Feature requests section.

With that said, I'm am happy that @Former Community Member and @lizlynch responded to this thread so quickly and were really receptive to the feedback. 

Top Labels in this Space