Which license to buy

Hi All,

I am looking to buy license as I am planning to do white labeling of my App and deploy it on google play store. I have a App , which can be used by my subscriber and the users can span up to 500 in numbers. I will only be the Administrator for this App. Please help me here as which option I should go for while buying license.

Regards

0 18 2,018
18 REPLIES 18

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Alok.Behria

You should contact Sales on this question : โ€œTalk to the teamโ€ button.

Also, can you change the category of your post to โ€œQuestionsโ€, as โ€œFeature Requestsโ€ looks inappropriate here

Publisher Pro $50 per month. Youโ€™ll only need 1 licence

Simon@1minManager.com

Hi @1minManager

Your answer is for apps that donโ€™t require users sign in, right ?

Yes. Publisher Pro wonโ€™t allow a login. But I didnโ€™t see that he wanted that.

@Alok.Behria if you need both a login for you and 500 people to use the App I suggest you have one core license for you and a Publisher Pro for everyone else. Though this will mean you have 2 sperate Apps looking at the same data.

Or get an enterprise plan, Sales people told me they have an โ€œexternal userโ€ licence for specific cases.

โ€ฆAgain, @Alok.Behria Sales Team will have the best answers to your questions regarding licence plan

Thanks All for your inputs , I want to use all of my users to logged in using credentials ,but they will only access App features and data and I will be the one who going to manage all this. So ,in that case , do I need to buy 2 license ? If yes, then how much these going to cost โ€ฆ I want this to be a cost effective , since I will provide the services for free few months and later on will charge it for my services.

Regards

HI,

This App require a sign IN from my users.

Regards

If you want to make your clients authenticate themselves, your only option is to go for the $5 or $10 per person per month license. You canโ€™t required users to login with a publisher App license.

Having said that, with a publisher App you could set it up so that if someone creates a record they have to type an email address into the form. But this would only really work on creating new records and you have no proof that itis actually their email address.

With the Publisher licenses you could create a sort of pseudo-login process and give your app users some token to use such as a password, QRcode or NFC tag to authenticate themselves. But Appsheet frowns on using publisher Apps like this as looks like your trying to sidestep paying for licenses.

Appsheet doesnโ€™t do this directly. But checkout the list of appsheet partners (https://www.appsheet.com/Partners) like me . They can probably fix any issue you have in minutes and if like me they charge in fractions of an hour the cost can be quite reasonable.

Thank you very much Simon for your detailed answer. Here, I am just trying to figure out what would be the best set up for me and considering the fact that if I allow my App to login by users then , it would be very difficult to build a cost effective system as I am only going to charge 8$ per user and if I pay 10$ for it , then no sense using it. Following are my plans and if you could further guide me then it can help me choose a right set up/system.

1. I want all of my users to get logged by system and I can use this information further add/delete features.

2. This system will be used by App users to sell/buy shares and I want all the users can see their individual performance. I have created one table which will log entries for them and later this information can be computed to convert into charts and make some kind of dashboards and all.

3. I like all of my users to pay through the App and they all should get notified once their service gets expired โ€ฆ Not sure , how this can be done without building a system which requires Login.

4. I am ok if there are alternates to achieve the same purposes.

5. Any other thoughts/suggestion from you is highly appreciated.

Regards

Paying in the App is an complicated process but I think someone has done it before. But I dont know how.

Sounds like your App might contain fairly personal data so youโ€™re going to need security filters. Which only come with the $10 license

Hi Simon,

I am now thinking to deploy this without login functionality , but then I am still thinking , how to achieve the goal of expiring the user in 30 days , so that users wonโ€™t be allowed to use system until they subscribe it again.

Regards

If you use a publisher licence (no login) you cannot stop anyone form using the App if the have the install or browser URL

Thanks Simon for your help here. Greatly Appreciated !!. I Will try to build web system where I can integrate all of these features.

Regards

• Depends on the functionality you need your users to have thoughโ€ฆ

Just add to my last post, I also like to know , if I buy license then will there be any personalized help provided to assist me in App development ?

Regards

Thanks again for your valuable inputs. So, does this mean , Appsheet is not suitable for building Apps which requires logins and have payment gateway integrated into this.
If yes, then what else I can think for building such kind of a system and Do I need to plan something different and try to build web system.

In addition of this , I currently have a working App which first logs users details and then allow access to users and after that they allow to use App. In that case, can I put in some validation rule to implement a feature where Users access will blocked and after 30 days and by some other mean , I can use other method to collect payments and then allow access to them.

I am sorry , I am asking too much of question here , but since I spent good amount of a time learning and building an App using Appsheet and here I really donโ€™t want to leave this half done until I exhausts all of my options.

Regards

Regards

I think youโ€™re really highlighting the best use cases for AppSheet in your questions. In my opinion, AppSheet excels as a way to build custom, internal, solutions. Especially if the organization uses Google Workspace. Compared to MS PowerApps, I would say AppSheet is like a Model Driven app with even better UI controls and accessibility. I think AppSheetโ€™s pricing model makes it clear that it is supposed to provide companies a way to build apps that are either not possible to purchase, or, what is available to purchase costs more than AppSheetโ€™s subscription plan plus developer time.

If you are building an app that is external, I would recommend a different platform like Bubble.io or Adalo if you want to stay in the low-code/no-code work space.

Thanks Darmund for your valuable inputs. Here, I used App sheet to build a system which uses the googlefinance function in sheet and used this as a database. Not sure, weather this is possible in Bubble.io or Adalo. There may be an option to use APIโ€™s to get this working even without using google sheets , but then , I nee to think differently and start building the existing idea to the new platform.

Regards

Top Labels in this Space