Which type of paid account do we need for our school? Using Appsheet database

Hi All

We have developed an app to help manage the trips for our school, this was created using Appsheet Database for the backend. There is a limit to 2500 rows in the database so I know we need to upgrade somehow to allow larger datasets.

As we are a school all teachers and staff have a registered domain email, and access to Appsheet Core plan for free. We have about 2000 potential users, though some use it once or twice a month while others use it daily.

We need access to the Enterprise license database limits of 200,000 rows, else if we launch this app we will hit the limits available to the Core plan very quickly. 

Q: If one user at the school upgrades to the Enterprise plan (a few hundred dollars per year) can this user create the app and have it running with the settings 'Run as app creator' but allow the other 2000 users to access the app with their Core license? Or would we need 2000 Enterprise licenses for hundreds of thousands of dollars a year?

I've spoken with Google help via the browser chat app, they could not help, they gave me the email to contact sales, but they never replied.

If it's just one user we would probably pay for that, if not redesign it using Google Sheets for the back end.

Thanks

Matthew

0 3 184
3 REPLIES 3

If your app needs a feature which belongs to an AppSheet Enterprise subscription, you need licenses for all app users. In this case it would mean 2000, unfortunately. When using gSheet as a data source, you need to use security filter to filter out old rows and maybe backup your data to a different gSheet for example once in a year.

Hi Aleksi

Thanks for the info, seems like I'm going to have to shift and use google sheets for this product then; the cost would be hundreds of thousands of dollars per year just to use the Appsheet Database as my datasource.

I'll take a look at the security filter, and use slices to remove previous data. Maybe I can run the backup once an academic year over the summer when it's not likely to be used, and set some new functions to allow old trips in an archive sheet to be replicated and coped to the new sheet if we want to go on a similar trip again.

I hope they allow more open use of Appsheet in the future, we'd be happy to pay a few hundred USD per year for a user to make a program, but not half a million. 

Cheers

Matt 

Better to use Security Filter as slice still reads all the data to user's device. With the Secure filter the data is filtered in Appsheet's server before sending the data to user.

Top Labels in this Space